Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Amazing Tool for Exploring Colors


I LOVE COLORS!
But sometimes that love leads me to complete color overload, where I spend hours and hours and hours thinking about ALL OF THE POSSIBILITIES available to me, and I end up not even getting to the creating (please tell me I'm not the only one with this issue!)


But thanks to a recent e-mail from Stumble Upon*, I found an amazing on-line tool to help me visualize colors, patterns and palettes. You don't even have to put on your shoes to go there...just click HERE and you'll be magically transported to ColourLovers.com where you will "Find design inspiration with thousands of palettes and color schemes to fall in love with."

I'm currently having fun with my third project from Kelly Rae Robert's book "Taking Flight." It has a seriously grungy look to it (that's my opinion), which is NOT my typical comfort zone (give me crisp and clean any day)! The paints I used were Titan Buff and Raw Sienna, which were followed by a lettuce green alcohol ink and 2 pads of distressing ink.


I'll be adding some polymer clay forms to this, and I've been trying to figure out what color those forms should be! I'm going to try my new tool at ColourLovers.com to help me with that decision. I'll let you know in the next day or so how it turns out!

Till then...


*disclaimer for the stumbleupon site....I cannot be held legally responsible in any way whatsoever if your discovery of this website leads to days and days of endless intenet browsing. (Hint: try setting your kitchen timer for 15 minutes, it worked for me...maybe there's even a StumbleUpon Anonymous group...hmmmm...)

1 comment:

Tess said...

I generally choose clear colors for things I create myself as well... but I've fallen in love with your work in progress... it screams peace.