Sunday, July 12, 2009

A bird in the hand...

...is the most wonderful way to start the morning!



This morning, when I took a peek in the hanging basket, there was only one baby wren left in the nest. I could hear the other four in our crab apple tree, and I could see "Daddy Wren" in a nearby branch keeping an eye on his last little one (since the basket is directly under my morning coffee spot, he's used to seeing me there).


I took the basket down and put it on the ground, thinking the little one would hop out and join his siblings. After a few minutes, I gently lifted him out of the basket and placed him in my hand. He was sooooo beautiful!! Talk about joy and creating! I think this little fellow has cornered the market for the day!

Have fun taking flight, little one!!

2 comments:

DJ said...

Oh, Jean, how wonderful for you to be a welcome spectator in the development of the wee ones!
The birdhouses are simply adorable; every other bird on the block will be envious!
May you have a blessed week.
DJ

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

What a BEAUTIFUL GIFT!!!! Many blessings